Tuesday, March 18, 2008

NYCJ Sets a World Record

I got news a while ago from a reader in the UK that they saw me in the 2008 Edition of the Guinness Book of Records Gamer's Edition. I went to my local bookstore yesterday to pick up a copy and I was surprised to see my name in the SimCity section on page 200 under "Most Dedicated Player." From the book:

"Elliot Hanson has been constructing the Big Apple in SimCity for nearly four years, "one pixel at a time." He has even reconstructed tributes to major events, such as the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and 9/11. In his downtime, Elliot is working on re-creating San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC and Boston."


Thanks to my all readers and the writers of the Guinness Book of Records Gamer's Edition 2008. Be sure to pick up a copy, there's a lot of interesting facts about not just SimCity but also many different types of games.

No comments: